Paimpol Day Tours
In the past many crews have said they find the pace of sailing and racing during the week a bit relentless, so in 2019 we introduced this Interlude Day (Thursday) as opportunity to wind down after four or five days of racing and passage making including a night at sea in the Channel Race.
It was a chance to recover while soaking up the charms of Paimpol with its harbourside cafes and restaurants, and to spend time meeting up with and enjoying the company of the other crews. But for those still with energy to burn we laid on trips and excursions:
- A guided walking tour of ‘The Port in the City’
- The Museum of the Sea
- A tour of the Guillou le Marec cider house
- The Abbey of Beauport
- A guided walking tour of ‘Old Paimpol’
- A visit to the Paimpol maritime high school ‘Pierre Loti’
On Saturday there was a “Sports Day” which included:
- A Britain v Europe cricket test match
- A France v Rest of the World Boules tournament
- Blindfold dinghy racing
Photgraphs of the Sprts Day are included in the 2019 regatta gallery.
More information on these excursions can be found here.