CLASSIC CHANNEL REGATTA 2005
Organised by C.R.A.B. , The Royal Dart Yacht Club and the Dartmouth Yacht Club
|Friday – July 8th
- Boats arrive and registration.
- 6.30pm – Welcome reception for crews at the Royal Dart Yacht Club
followed by a welcome supper in The Old Market Square in Dartmouth
|Saturday – July 9th
- START BAY CLASSIC RACE – 1pm start.
- 6.30pm – Prizegiving at the Royal Dart Yacht Club followed by
The Regatta Party in The Old Market Square, Dartmouth.
|Sunday – July 10th
- Briefing for the Channel Race at RDYC at 11.30am.
- Parade of Sail out of Dartmouth Harbour (from 3-3.30pm) followed by start of the
CLASSIC CHANNEL RACE to Perros Guirec at 4.30pm.
|Monday – July 11th
- CLASSIC CHANNEL RACE arrives in Perros.
- Boats lock into marina.
|Tuesday – July 12th
- Free day in Perros-Guirec.
- 6pm – Welcome drinks and the CLASSIC CHANNEL RACE PRIZE-GIVING
at the Société des Régates de Perros clubhouse.
The Perros Classic Regatta
Organised by the Société des Régates de Perros-Guirec
(All times given are in French time – BST +1 h)
|Wednesday – July 13th
- Free Day and Registration.
- Yachts on show in the marina in afternoon.
- 8pm – Welcome dinner in the SRP boathouse followed by Bastille Day firework display.
|Thursday – July 14th
- 10am – Briefing meeting.
- 11.30 – 12.20am – Yachts leave the marina.
- 1.30pm INSHORE RACE in Perros Bay
- 5.30pm start of PASSAGE RACE TO ST PETER PORT.
|Friday – July 15th
- Passage race arrives at St Peter Port.
- 7pm (French time) Evening cocktail reception at Castle Cornet hosted by the Guernsey Tourist Board.
|Saturday – July 16th
- 8am start of RACE from GUERNSEY – TREGUIER RIVER
- Boats then continue up to TREGUIER for 7pm – reception followed by a barbeque and soirée.
|Saturday – July 17th
- 7.30am – yachts leave Treguier
- 9am – Start of RACE from TREGUIER RIVER – PERROS (Perros marina gates close at 3.30pm).
- 6pm – Drinks and prize-giving followed by
- 8pm – farewell crew supper in the club’s boathouse.